Wednesday, September 26, 2012

this week's food obsessions...

Every single time I make myself a bowl of cottage cheese and sliced tomatoes I feel like an old lady... hand me my knitting needles and readers. But I just can't help it! When you have a winning combination it's hard to let go of... so go ahead... try it! (It's absolutely THE best with garden fresh tomatoes - or organic)

1/2 cup of 1% milkfat Cottage Cheese and 1/2 a sliced tomato is only 100 calories! Even better? Cottage cheese is packed with protein - 11g per serving! That's almost 3 times that of an egg. Great for building muscle and recovery after strength building workouts.

These little bars are fantastic! They give you the sweetness that you crave with 20% of your daily fiber requirements! Did I mention the flavor is strawberry PB&J?? Can you go wrong with this? Only 110 calories and 3.5g of fat. 


I'm always looking for a new, bold, snack cracker to have with my soups or salads. This one is PACKED with flavor. If you're looking for a zippy cracker with the bold taste of aged Parmesan and garlic you cannot go wrong here. Best part? 23 crackers are only 130 calories and 4.5g of fat. 


Speaking of Parmesan. A little of the real stuff goes a long way! I roasted a bunch of veggies at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping half way through, and then topped it off with 1/4 c. of shredded Parmesan cheese. So yummy!

My veggie mix:

2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into one inch stalks
2 cups fresh cauliflower, cut into one inch stalks,
1 small package white mushrooms, left whole
6 oz. baby carrots, cut in half
1/2 yellow sweet onion, cut into 1/2 inch strips
1 red pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan

Makes 2 servings - 170 calories each!


And last but not least, my new favorite English muffin!

Only 130 calories and 5g of protein per muffin! They have a very fresh taste with a slight touch of honey. Perfect with a teaspoon or two of Land O' Lakes Whipped butter (my butter of choice!).

Eat healthy my friends!!



No comments:

Post a Comment