Wednesday, September 5, 2012

three in season fruit obsessions...

Plums, Pluots and Keitt mangoes!

One of the great benefits of working in a food market is getting to know and taste all those foods you are afraid to try or are curious about.

Plums remind me of my childhood. I can remember eating black plums with my Grandmother when I was little. I still love them today. If you haven't given them a try, you should. They have amazing stats, only 30 calories and 1g of fiber per plum!


BLACK PLUM

The Dapple Dandy Pluot is a hybrid between a plum and an apricot, more plum than apricot. They are kind of strange looking, speckled, and often look frost kissed. They are sweet and fun to eat. Only 75 calories each and 1g of fiber. 


DAPPLE DANDY PLUMCOT (PLUOT)


I've been able to try a few different types of mangoes over the past year and my favorite is the Keitt mango. It's softer and less stringy than the Alphonso and there is more fruit on them than the Champagne mango (which is my second favorite). The calories range a bit due to size from 100-150 calories each. So good!


KEITT MANGO



No comments:

Post a Comment