Friday, August 31, 2012

Biggest Loser Pancakes

I've been a fan of Pinterest for a little while now and I love that I can find amazing recipes in just one click. Now I'm a sucker for a great pancake. The best ones I've ever had were the cornmeal buttermilk pancakes from the North End Cafe in Louisville, KY and nothing quite holds a candle to them. However, these are pretty dang good!


BIGGEST LOSER PANCAKES

1/3 c. 1% fat cottage cheese
1/3 c. old fashioned oats
2 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. Splenda (they use sugar in the original recipe)

Yields 2 pancakes: 180 calories

In a blender or food processor mix all ingredients into a smooth batter. Spray a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat with cooking spray. Pour half the mixture into the skillet and when the edges start to bubble flip pancake over. Enjoy with sugar free syrup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment