Sunday, October 7, 2012

"Fried" ready made chicken and fish...

Even healthy people crave fried things. I'm from the South... we fry EVERYTHING. But as you know... that is not a fit food. But these are! I'm a coupon printer/finder/hunter and I stumbled upon coupons for these Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia. One filet of the Classic Seasonings type is 190 calories, 9g fat and 13g protein. The best part is (especially since most people don't seem to really enjoy cooking fish) you just heat it up in the pan and it crunches up to a "fried" consistency. Bonus, it's tasty!! Serve over salad or with your favorite steamed or roasted veggies!

Another product I stumbled upon in the grocery was Perdue Whole Grain Chicken Breast Cutlets. Now, generally I make my own "fried" chicken coating but we are all busy people and often, time is not on our side. These cutlets are 180 calories, 10g fat, and 13g protein. They are perfect to put over salad, make a fitter chicken cordon bleu, or any other veggie pairings! 

Just thought I'd share some new grocery findings for folks on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment