Saturday, April 9, 2011

Frozen Meals - don't knock 'em til you try 'em...

Here's the deal, I LOVE to cook, but a lot of times it's easier for me to grab a quick frozen meal that has all the calories calculated for me and can give me a large variety of flavors. On a typical week day I will eat a frozen meal for lunch. Now, I know that they have a bad wrap, being full of sodium and preservatives. However, some frozen meals have no preservatives (Lean Cuisines) and have as much sodium as that can of soup you've been eating instead, or that fast food grilled chicken sandwich. All I'm saying here is, they haven't killed me yet and I can't tell you how many hundreds, possibly thousands of these things I've eaten in my life time. Also, as an added bonus, they're cheap! Often $2 a piece. That's only $10 for 5 lunches and unless you've been living in a cave like the Geico cavemen, that's a hell of a deal.

So, for you skeptics and people that have never tried a frozen meal, I've outlined some of my favorites. Oh and in case you can't tell, Lean Cuisines seem to be my frozen meal of choice - they also have a lot more options!

Enjoy:


Lean Cuisine - Tortilla Crusted Fish, Santa fe Rice and Beans, Spaghetti & Meatballs, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Margherita Pizza, Fajita- style Chicken Spring Rolls, Chicken Margherita, Sweet and Spicy Ginger Chicken, Asiago Cheese Tortelloni, Chicken in Peanut Sauce, Roasted Honey Chicken, Fiesta Grilled ChickenOrange ChickenSesame Chicken, Parmesan Crusted Fish, Chicken with Lasagna Rollatini, Meatloaf with Whipped Potatoes, Cheese Ravioli, Classic Macaroni and Beef, Chicken Enchilada Suiza, Four Cheese Cannelloni

Smart Ones - Pasta with Ricotta and Spinach, Terriyaki Chicken and Vegetables, Orange Sesame ChickenRavioli Florentine, Three Cheese Ziti Marinara,Sweet and Sour Chicken, Macaroni & Cheese, Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce
 
Healthy Choice - Asian Potstickers, Roasted Chicken Verde, Spicy Caribbean Chicken

Kashi - Mayan Harvest Bake, Red Curry Chicken, Southwest Style Chicken, Lemongrass Coconut Chicken, Pesto Pasta Primavera  *Kashi's are a little more expensive, but sometimes they have better flavor, plus their's are all natural.


No comments:

Post a Comment