Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Healthy Favorites...

One of the most exciting things for a foodie like me about moving to a new area is new food options!

Some of my favorites are:

True Delights Granola Bars in Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut - Only 140 calories! You seriously have to try these. Sooooo good.


Skinny Cow Dreamy Cluster candy packs - 120 calories - YUM! They're like light Turtles!


Stop and Shop (a New England grocer) has a Light Raisin English Muffin - 90 calories
Here's what I do - 1/2 tbsp whipped butter (see below) a sprinkle of baking Splenda and a shake of cinnamon. For 115 calories a super tasty treat! Just look at all those raisins.


Butter - it's always a question of whether to use butter or margarine - but this - may be the perfect solution, and I'm sure I'm late on this band wagon but this stuff is perfect. It's real butter, whipped so it's less calories, and it's only 50 calories per serving of 1 tbsp. I generally use half. Best part is, it doesn't taste like plastic!


I love a good rice pudding, and Kozy Shack finally came out with the sugar free kind. Perfect size and only 70 calories!


And last but not least (you know how I love ice cream) - my current favorites:

Oh My Blueberry Pie  - with super yummy pie chunks - 130 calories per 1/2 cup


and Purely Pistachio - 120 calories per half cup -  the combination of sweet and salty is a perfect treat.


If you live in a region lucky enough to try any of these, I highly suggest you do! It's items like these that make it much easier to be a healthy and fit foodie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment