Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bananas Foster-esque English Muffin!

So this morning I was craving a few things, cream cheese, cinnamon raisin, English muffin and that over ripe banana yelling at me from the corner of the kitchen.

I thought, why can't I toss the banana in the pan and caramelize it a bit before I put it in/on something... and hey remember how I bought some more of my favorite light cinnamon raisin English muffins? And isn't there whipped cream cheese in the fridge? And voila! There you have it!


1 light cinnamon raisin muffin (toasted - 90 calories)
1/2 banana
1 tbsp. whipped cream cheese
cinnamon
baking Splenda

190 calories!

Toast your muffin and let it cool. Heat up a small nonstick skillet to medium heat. Cut your banana in half crosswise and then lengthwise (feel free to use the whole banana -adds 50 more calories). Place in pan and sprinkle a little cinnamon and baking Splenda on top (I did not spray my pan because I only have olive oil cooking spray - which doesn't play nice with fruits) and let brown a little and caramelize for a minute or two then flip over. While that cooks, divide half your cream cheese and spread onto each muffin side. Once both sides are caramelized place onto muffins! Super yummy! Super fast! A decadent breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment