Saturday, November 5, 2011

a not so fit food... Harry Potter's Butterbeer!

The nerd in me went to the Harry Potter theme park on my vacation this week and partook in all kinds of lovely not so fit foods like Cauldron Cake, Fizzing Whizzbees, Sour Ribbons and of course the infamous Butterbeer.


If you have a chance to go and are at all a fan of cream soda and butterscotch you must give this drink a try. They serve it two ways: cold and frozen. I only had it cold but that was certainly good enough for me! 

The foam is a butterscotchy flavor that is very rich and the drink is very similar to cream soda. There is no alcohol involved here and caloric estimates give it around 200 for one glass... while this may seem high, it is very much worth it. Split it with a friend or family member if you're concerned, but do give it a shot. 

I also found some online recipes for this delicious drink for those of us who want to give it a try at home:



No comments:

Post a Comment