Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grocery items to fill your cravings!

I thought it might be helpful to make a list of items I tend to repeatedly buy and keep on hand for when those cravings strike and celery and carrots just won't do!!

Here they are:

this bacon is perfect because it's only 25 calories per slice!


this is a Kroger brand - you can get the full flavor (pictured here) or the Light kind for only 60 calories!


Edy's brand has come out with some of the best tasting light ice cream I can find, and believe me I have tasted a LOT. Ice cream is a good sweet treat because it has the vitamins from the dairy, plus, a lot of the brands now are no sugar added and 1/2 the fat. Thin Mint ice cream has only 120 calories per serving, throw that half a cup in a cake cone and for 140 calories you get the perfect sweet, creamy, crunchy craving satisfier! And I guarantee you it tastes better than those little Smart Ones desserts that will cost you 170-190 calories and be gone in 3 bites.

for this season - this ice cream has been my favorite flavor- a little higher calorie than i usually eat-but, sooo tasty - with little chewy chunks of ginger snap cookies and only 160 calories per serving!

 this is a must have, 35 calories a slice, packed with fiber, good for grilled cheese, turkey sammies or a pb&j!
 the perfect salty, crunchy cracker - 15 crisps are 120 calories - more bites than regular crackers!

this turkey pepperoni has the best flavor, plus, you can eat 17 slices for only 70 calories!! I like to use it to make little mini pizzas on a flour tortilla with a dab of tomato sauce and a quarter cup of italian shredded cheeses - what's better, is that it is much more tasty than a frozen pizza!

I hope this has given you some insight that you can still eat those things you want to eat, satisfy those cravings, and do it on a smaller calorie budget. If you want recipes or more tips and tricks, leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Man, after reading this blog, I left a LOT of things behind at the grocery last night! LOL I DID look at the bacon though because I know you said center cut was good! I'll know better now.

    ReplyDelete