Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gadgets!

Nordicware makes some pretty fantastic kitchen goodies. My recent two favorites: the bacon microwave tray and the eggs n' muffin breakfast pan (which has a little bit of a deceiving name)

I'm a sucker for breakfast food. Plain and simple. I love it ALL. From pancakes to french toast to omlettes to breakfast sandwiches to scrambles and hashes and of course, biscuits and gravy. When I'm keeping an eye on my calories and being healthy I like to try and make something with a good protein & carb combination - especially before a busy work day. But, like most of you I don't have time to watch something cook on the stove. So I often turn to two appliances: the toaster oven (which I adore) and my microwave (which hopefully won't kill me one day).

These two gadgets make eggs and bacon manageable while I'm taking the dogs out or getting dressed for work.




In the egg pan, you can toss in an egg (scramble it with a fork - no milk needed) or two (egg beaters work too!), your favorite veggies, salt, pepper, whatever! 45 seconds to 1 minute later you have a perfectly cooked egg "patty" perfectly shaped for an English muffin. It's even a little larger than the light muffins I eat.

Most stores carry these - my bacon tray came from Wegmans and my egg pan came from Target. Both less than $5. Ahh the joys of convenience.

So don't push a warm breakfast aside! Toast yourself some bread, a bagel or a muffin. Toss some bacon and/or an egg in the microwave and there you have it. No excuses not to break the fast and opt for that donut!

No comments:

Post a Comment