Monday, July 18, 2011

Black Bean Dang Case-a-dilla

I made myself a dang quesadilla last night. Full of black beans, peppers, onions and good ol' cheese. This is how I did it...


1/2 c. drained black beans
1 c. frozen onion and pepper mix
1/4 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 flour tortilla burrito size (100 calories)
Olive oil spray
1-2 tsp each of cumin and garlic powder
salt to taste
1 - 2 tbsp. salsa

Calories - 335

Spray skillet with olive oil, add peppers, onions, cumin, salt, garlic powder and beans to skillet. Cook through, smash beans a little with fork. Spread bean and pepper mix on half of the tortilla, then top that half with cheese. Fold over other half of burrito. Spray olive oil on both sides of tortilla liberally - to ensure a good crust. Cook on medium low heat to prevent burning and allow tortilla to crisp. Top with a good salsa. That's it! Super easy. Takes about 15 minutes from start to finish - maybe less. I served mine with a nice side salad made with romaine, spinach, tomato and onion. For a dressing I used the spicy ranch I made for the Southwest Chicken Salad.

Let me know how you like it! Or any of my recipes. Feedback is always appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment