Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I eat... a lot... and many times a day... and this proves it.

I know there are some of you out there thinking... "I will starve to death if I only eat 1200 or 1500 calories a day!! You must not eat anything!" And well, here's my proof that just isn't true...

This is what I ate and will eat before the day is over:

Breakfast: (I love it!)
1 serving of quick grits - butter flavored (100 (c)alories)
1 piece of center cut bacon (30 c)
1/4 c. egg substitute (30 c)

Snack #1:
3 oz. or about 10 baby carrots (35 c)
1 1/2 tbsp. Sabra pine nut hummus (60 c)

Lunch:
1 PBJ
 - 1 tbsp. natural creamy peanut butter (95 c)
 - 1 tbsp. reduced sugar grape jelly (20 c)
 - 2 slices 35 calorie white bread (70 c)

1 oz. Veggie Straws (these are yummy!) (130 c)

Snack #2:
1 minneola tangelo (it's a hybrid tangerine/grapefruit) (70 c)

Dinner:
2 cups Ginger Sweet Potato Carrot soup (215 c)
small salad - lettuce mix (10 c - maybe)
1 tbsp. ginger dressing (40 c)

Snack #3
1 mini-bag of Naturals Salt and Pepper popcorn (160 c)

Dessert:
1/2 cup light cookies & cream ice cream (130 c)
1 cake cone (20 c)

Grand Total: 1215

That means, I ate 7 times today.

The key is smaller portion sizes and eat more often so by the time you eat you aren't starving and likely to overeat.

See, it CAN be done. You just have to make the right choices, eat healthier foods, have smaller portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment