Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mini Pizzas

Just because I eat healthy 95% of the time does not mean I don't crave unhealthy things like... pizza, fried chicken, mashed potatoes smothered in gravy or a big fat cheeseburger. And sometimes on those "free days" I allow myself to have those things. However, on days when I'm still counting calories and craving that food, I find a healthier alternative. Here is mine for pizza.

(There were four pieces here, but I was starving!)


Mini Pizzas
1 Azteca brand flour taco size tortilla (150 calories for 2)
9 slices Hormel turkey pepperoni
1/4 cup Kroger shredded pizza cheese
1/4 cup of any spaghetti or tomato sauce
Total calories for 1 Pepperoni Mini Pizza - 225!

 
This is super easy people, you spray the bottom of your tortilla with cooking spray and throw it on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Top it with 1/4 cup of sauce and any spices you like. I generally throw in some extra dried basil and garlic powder, or if I'm feeling spicy some crushed red pepper. Then add your toppings. This recipe is for simple pepperoni but I've piled them on high before with onions, peppers, banana peppers, mushrooms, you name it! Bake for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is desired consistency at 350 degrees. It's better than frozen pizza and you control what goes on it. Plus, it couldn't be easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment