Sunday, August 21, 2011

The 10th Insanity Workout & Hitting 104...

The Insanity workouts are still going well, or as well as could be expected. If you notice some of the other participants in the videos even they have to stop at times when they can no longer muster the energy to do parts of the third set. Or when they're heart is beating so fast they are unable to catch their breath. So when this happens to me. I do not feel alone.

Are they getting easier? No. I don't think so. As a matter of fact I inadvertently skipped over the "Pure Cardio" workout during week 1 and when I did it a few days ago I thought I was going to die. There are no 30 second breaks like in the Circuit Training... it's go, go, go!

And even though I am looking forward until Tuesday because it's my "break" day from the workouts, I will start again on Wednesday. Why? Why do this to myself? Because it feels empowering to push yourself to your limits. It feels good to remember there are muscles in places you haven't worked in awhile. It feels like you've accomplished something and all the while you are getting leaner, stronger and more flexible.

In other semi-related news (since this technically happened before I started the Insanity routines) I somehow lost four more pounds, without trying. Putting my total weight loss at one hundred and four pounds in the negative. (sounds of clapping all across the world wide web).

Now, I'm not really trying to lose more weight, I'm simply trying to tone, but in toning and gaining more muscle I am still losing fat. I will likely eventually gain those few pounds back in muscle. So here's to reaching more fitness goals and becoming a stronger, healthier, happier person!

What drives you?

No comments:

Post a Comment