Saturday, September 3, 2011

Personal Training...

I have spent the last few days studying my ISSA Certified Personal Trainer book (which is large and chock full of information). It could take me as little as 10 weeks to complete all the testing and become CPR/AED certified. Ideally I know the kind of trainer I would want and the kind of trainer I want to be, but that's just one woman's opinion. I need your help.

What I want to know is:

What do YOU want in a personal trainer?

How much experience should THEY have before you would hire them one on one? Newly certified or should they work in a gym/fitness center for a few years first?

Build your dream trainer... what do THEY look/act/sound like?

Are they tough on you?

Do they let you slide when you had that piece of chocolate cake?

Are they REAL with you? Share their stories, struggles and ideas?

Or are they like stone? Regimented and to the point?

Jillian vs. Bob? (and I don't just mean male/female)

Do they simply train you on how to properly do a lunge or do they also teach you how to eat/cook/grocery shop?

How much would you pay at the most for a one hour session? How much is the least?

I want to know!! Please share your thoughts in the comments section.


No comments:

Post a Comment