Saturday, September 3, 2011

SparkPeople... I love this site!

Back in 2009 when I really stopped and said "That's it! I've had enough! More do and less talk!" I joined SparkPeople. It has a lot of great resources available... and they're FREE.

If you've thought of joining Weight Watchers online, but cannot afford it, give this a shot. While I believe in the Weight Watchers philosophy (having been on that too, eons ago) I have been in many financial tight spots that made it impossible to join. SparkPeople offers the same resources, at no charge.

Things you can do there:

Log your daily food - they have a huge database and if you eat something that isn't in it, you can add your own.

Log your daily exercise - they divide it into strength training and cardio - again another large database, but they also offer exercise demonstrations. Want to know how to use that big bouncy balance ball in the corner of the room that collects dust and scares your pets? They will show you.

Join a group or discussion board - Maybe you have a question about something or you want to join a group of folks with similar interests also trying to lose weight and/or get healthier - you can do that too.

Create your own page about yourself - Show the other members who you are, what your goals are, make yourself write it out - this will help you be accountable. This is mine KMBOHNINE

Find Recipes - There are tons of member created recipes on there, some of which I made up!

Even if you don't need to count calories or want to for that matter, this makes it very easy! I recently started using it again myself, not to lose weight, but to keep better track of my nutritional goals - more protein - more carbs - more vitamins - so I can build the muscle I want and make sure I'm not eating too little of one thing and too much of another.

Oh and just so you know, anything I write about in here is not a paid endorsement (I wish!) ... these are all just products and websites that I've used and have felt successful with, not because someone sent me a sample or asked me to blog about their site, exercise DVDs, food product, etc. (although, feel free - I'll be your guinea pig!)

Share with me your thoughts on SparkPeople if you use it, or are new to it... I'd be glad to give you pointers!

No comments:

Post a Comment